Friday 8 July 2011

Friday 8 July

It was my appointment (again) at the gym this morning.  I turned up and met the owner of the place.  He took me through my 'baseline assessment' which just turned out to be height, weight, BMI and stretch.  Not rocket science.   I'm still not sure why it couldn't have been done a week ago and asked him.  He didn't know either but assured me that as a client, I was very important to them.  I did a circuit of the equipment and left.  I've signed up for 6 weeks so I suppose I should make use of it.

I recorded last night's 'Question Time' and the big news, of course, is the 'News of the World'.  Based on what I saw, I'd vote for Hugh Grant at the next election.  He was honest, fluent and made sense.  As did Shirley Williams.  I remember years ago at an embassy abroad where I was working, she was Minister for Overseas Development and on a visit she was very demanding, so since then I've been a bit negative about her.  However, she also made sense.  The conservative and labour party reps were each blaming the other for mistakes, and completely missing the point that this is an occasion where principles count, not trying to score points.  The whole business is depressing: it's brought in whole areas of society, not just celebrities and politicians, but also the police and people whose only reason to be in the spotlight was being related to someone who'd died in violent circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment