Friday 8 July 2011

Thursday 7 July

I was met by one of my students screaming at me that there was only one pen for the interactive whiteboard and they'd practised with two pens.  Stress, poor thing.  Then there was a problem with the camera.  I stayed well away from that - one look from me and machines stop working.  Their presentations are done in pairs and have to be filmed so that the moderating panel can check on the marks that I give them, so we couldn't start until the camera was up and running.   Their names were pulled out of a hat to give the running order and then we were off.  Including the Q&A session, each one lasted about 25 minutes, during which I had to make notes on language range and accuracy, content, body language, use of Powerpoint, use of voice, knowledge and effort.  Nearly 3 hours later they were ecstatic and left with big smiles.  I now have to write it all up.

Earlier it had all been a rush and I was slightly later than I'd wanted at school as it was pouring down with rain and my beloved was driving me but had misplaced his glasses.  We looked everywhere and in the end could only surmise that they'd come off when he'd gone to post a birthday card and had slipped over.  Sure enough, there they were on the pavement covered in grass and leaves.  A lucky find - they're special glasses which are expensive and time-consuming to replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment