Thursday 23 June 2011

Monday 20 June

I was at the station by 7.30am - my beloved drove me there, saving about 10 minutes - then I pushed through the marching morons at Victoria Station to catch the 8.20 bus to Oxford.  All the tutors spent the whole day in our subject groups and thrashed through the assessments and syllabus.  From what was said, it sounded as though we've had the most serious pastoral problems and this is something that really needs to be addressed.  Overall, it was worthwhile and only marred by the 'lunch' they gave us.  There was a tray of all white bread sandwiches, with dodgy fillings like sweetcorn and tuna, no salad in them, and some pale tasteless quiches.  My nightmare of a meal.  There was a moment of hope when they brought out a glass bottle of water which I mistook for gin, but that was wishful thinking.  Thankfully they had good coffee.

The wifi didn't work on board the bus on the return journey.  Shame, my laptop suddenly felt very heavy now that I couldn't use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment