Thursday 23 June 2011

Wednesday 22 June

Could barely drag myself out of bed this morning.  After two long days, I was feeling decidedly shattered.  Summer school has started, so the buildings are teeming with students.  Our long-termers need to be looked after very carefully now or they could end up feeling pushed around.

We're preparing for presentations but there were a few arguments about their topics.  I've put them in pairs and mixed up nationalities, so they have to speak English together, and also mixed them up so they're not working with friends.  They need to focus carefully and give a 10 minute academic presentation. Their initial ideas sound good, so the presentations should be interesting.  I distributed the letters to them from the earlier group giving advice which was appreciated.

Dinner tonight was different.  When I was a child, my mother used to make macaroni cheese but my beloved has always vehemently objected to the dish so I have never, ever made it and don't think I've eaten it for 30-odd years. Anyway, there was one of these 'easy, make it in 10 minutes' recipes so I decided to try it.  The recipe called for grated courgette but I only used half the quantity as the thought made my beloved grimace but I did add gruyere and cheddar.  Mmm.  Well, we ate it but I don't think I'll bother again.

No comments:

Post a Comment