Thursday 30 June 2011

Wednesday 29 June

It was strange coming home to an empty house today.  My beloved had gone to the funeral of an old colleague in Tunbridge Wells and wouldn't be back until about 7pm-ish.

I watched Wimbledon alone and saw my Roger beaten in 5 sets by Jo-Wilfried.  J-W Tsonga is a fantastic player when he's on the boil and it took him 2 sets to warm up and then it was bham-bham - Roger tried but ...  I also wanted Tomic to win against Djokovic - we saw him live last week and he's young and new but it wasn't to be.  Then Lopez v Murray. It's assumed that because he and I are both British that I will automatically support him in tennis, but Murray hasn't commanded that yet.  He's too whiney - I'm tired, my leg hurts and on and on.  Grow up and stop whingeing.  I got all three wrong, just as well I didn't put any money on them.  I didn't see the Nadal quarter final but that was predictable -  how could someone with a name like Mardy Fish do well?  It just sounds like an insult.

I got a call from my beloved to pick him up from the station.  The funeral had gone well: it was a non-religious civil ceremony with a professional celebrant who had conducted the proceedings with dignity and empathy.  It was a good farewell.

He wasn't very hungry so around 8pm-ish we just had beans on toast with a fried egg - comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment