Monday 20 June 2011

Sunday 19 June

I slightly shocked by beloved by announcing that I wanted to go shopping today.  I've never particularly enjoyed window shopping and when I feel I need something new I prefer to go, look, buy, leave and not be sidetracked, ie if I want shoes, I don't want to be looking at coats.  I also narrow it down further by only shopping for 2 hours - this is the amount of time you can get free at Sainsbury's by spending at least £5.  This has the added attraction that Sainsbury's is the only place you can buy licorice tea and is also the only place that we buy doughnuts.  I announced that I wanted new tops for school - cotton, short sleeve.

Anyway, all that went out the window when I bought a new sleeping bag.  There's a camping shop that opened in the High Street about 4 months ago but they were having a closing down sale.  This year I've been particularly cold when camping so I now have a 3 season bag, good down to -10C, at 45% discount.  I also bought a top and a pair of sandals.

At home, I finally forced myself to finish off the exam marking.  All of them did better than in the mock, in fact one of them was 21% higher.  He failed the mock so it was obviously the kick he needed.  My beloved checked my adding up and I'm so glad he did: I'd given one student an extra 10%.

Early to bed as I'm off to Oxford tomorrow morning.  Tutors from the 3 schools are getting together - we  don't have an agenda so I'm not sure if it's just reflections or something more substantial.  Maybe they'll give us all a bonus, as my beloved suggested on Friday?  Fat chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment