Wednesday 8 June 2011

Wednesday 8 June

I read an article online today that made me laugh out loud with comments about weeing in buckets and asking the senior male of the family "Is it wise to go up that ladder holding that chainsaw whilst wearing only shorts and flipflops?" 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jun/08/english-country-garden-compost-norfolk

My dearly beloved has produced some fabulous compost and even our neighbour who wears full makeup (including extra cupid lips) and marigolds when gardening, has complimented him on its crumbly quality.  Wonder what she would think if she knew about his secret 'extra' ingredient?

A busy time this last month with an extra class but that finishes this week.  Thankfully today one group went off to University of Kent to be shown around the campus so I didn't have 8 lessons on the trot.  Amazing how much more energy I have.  Still bashing the books but have slipped to 1 week behind my timetable for a September finish.  Hope I can make that up during August when I should have more time.

I also saw in the news that Tom Daley's father had died at the age of 40 from cancer of the brain.  Tom is still only 17 and he's the oldest of 3 brothers.  So sad to lose a parent at such a young age.  His father was also extremely supportive of him and had hoped to see the Olympics next year - Tom should get at least 1 gold - so it's likely to be an emotional time for the family.  I was never much good at diving but used to be a bit of a swimmer when I was younger.   There's something about the sound of a pool and watching swimming/diving on TV always brings it back.   Last year we took advantage of British Gas's offer of 3 free swims and did laps at the local pool.  It should cost £4.90 each a go, so we haven't bothered to keep going.  In fact, exercise hasn't figured much in our lives recently - I'm sure the medical profession wouldn't be pleased.





No comments:

Post a Comment