Friday 24 June 2011

Thursday 23 June

I have to admit that I don't like U2 and this blog in the Guardian today made me howl with laughter.  Apparently Bono's peahen has been causing a nuisance and is described as "a living, breathing Bono metaphor – squawking, preening, strutting around like it owns the place, and an irksome drain on civic resources funded by taxpayers other than itself".  I may see some of their performance at Glastonbury tomorrow (if the BBC are showing it) but probably only to confirm to myself that I find them boring,  pompous, etc.


Something that didn't make me howl with laughter was the parking ticket given for being 6 minutes over time.  I'd gone to check out a new gym that's just opened and expected to only be a few minutes while my beloved went to see if the kitchen shop had a replacement jug for our cafetiere.  Of course, the spiel in the gym went on and on, so I took much longer than expected and my beloved was waiting for me so, by this point, we went over the limit.  Damn and blast, there goes £60 or £30 if we pay quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment