Thursday 9 June 2011

Thursday 9 June

I've just emailed a complaint to the Advertising Standards Agency.  I've been shouting at the TV in the mornings when an advert by Asia Pulp and Paper (APP) has come on.  They say that large areas of Indonesia are wasteland and so they, APP, are doing a good thing by planting trees.  What they have neglected to mention is that these large areas of previously primary forest have been laid to waste by forest fires that can be traced back to their company.  It's a type of propaganda but is so dishonest that it made my blood boil.  I've seen first hand those areas in Kalimantan and it's heartbreaking.  I wonder what will come of my complaint?  Will they just fob me off with a standard reply or will they need further information?

I gave feedback on the mock exam.  Some did very well but others - well, sometimes I just shake my head.  One student finished in half the time yesterday and today was amazed that she'd not got a higher mark.  What happened to CHECK YOUR WORK!  Full of silly mistakes.

My beloved and I discussed our catering duties for tomorrow evening.  I think we're all set and now he's done the shopping - good man.  The forecast for the weekend is alternately dry and wet and nobody agrees with anyone else. Dry during the day would be good but we always have 'plan B'.

No comments:

Post a Comment