Tuesday 14 June 2011

Tuesday 14 June

Phew, it was hot on the tennis court this morning.  Mary and I managed 2 sets - she beat me, but not before she'd whacked a ball at my head while I was bending over and then banged me on the shin with another shot!  She was already winning too!  This was on top of bruising my knuckles when rummaging through my sock drawer.  I looked like I'd been in a fight.  It was good though to run around a bit, although by the end of the second set we'd both had enough and were more than ready for lunch at the pub.  Last week we sat in a different section without waitress service but today we took it easy and had them running around after us.

We made our plans for going to Wimbledon next week.  It'll be an early start and tickets only for outside courts.  If we wanted centre court, we'd need to camp overnight and we're not up for that.  They have lots of rules: no credit or debit cards, cash only; only 1 bag per person which cannot have hard sides or be larger than a certain size, etc.  I suspect some people in the past have been totally unreasonable and now they have to penalise everyone.  Or maybe they're just awkward dinosaurs?

No comments:

Post a Comment