Friday 25 February 2011

Friday 25 February

The second red sparkly barstool is now in situ and they both look good.  Can't believe it took 4 round trips in the end - rather takes the edge off the 15% discount.

My very first LP (yes, LP) was Spencer Davis Group Second Album.  I absolutely loved it, knew all the words and played it again and again.  There was a programme on BBC4 tonight about Steve Winwood so I made sure I watched it.  They played some of the early stuff like Georgia on My Mind and it's still magical.  His later 80s music was very catchy and Eric Clapton said nice things about him but for me there'll never be anything like that Second Album.   I'm fairly sure that every single song of SDG is in the house somewhere, so I need to dig it out and listen again.  Wonder if HimIndoors can track it down easily?

No comments:

Post a Comment