Thursday 24 February 2011

Thursday 24 February

The news is full of the evacuation of British citizens from Libya and I've noticed that the majority are expat oil workers, who therefore don't pay tax in UK.  The British taxpayer is picking up the bill for their rescue and whilst I think the British government should be responsible for them,  I also think that it's about time that expats paid taxes, just like the USA and Australia, rather than making no contribution whatsoever.  Very controversial I know, but I've never met a poor expat oil company worker either.

I had my haircut yesterday.  Tina's looked so great last Saturday that it inspired me to go.  Wonder how long before it's noticed?

Still no reply re my outline so I've gone back to the assignment I wrote over Christmas.  Naturally I've started re-working it and it's getting a bit unwieldy but I'm sure it'll be much better once I've finished.  I'm hoping that I'll get some feedback on the other one tomorrow so that I can get down to it over the weekend.  Then I'll have a week to hone and polish and send them both off by 12 March.

No comments:

Post a Comment