Thursday 10 February 2011

Thursday 10 February

Adam, the tiler, finished today and it's looking excellent.  He was very polite when I pointed out a couple of bits that weren't quite perfect and promised to improve them - which he did.  When I came home he'd already been gone a few hours and my darling Him Indoors had started the clean-up.  Good man.

Him Indoors has just signed up to be a 'snow friend' with the local Council.  By promising to clear the pavement outside, he's been given a huge orange snow shovel and a big bag of salt.  The salt can only be used on the pavement of course but the shovel will come in handy for clearing our driveway as well.  Can't wait for the next batch of snow.

Opened a bottle of rose this evening that was in the mixed case I bought a few weeks ago.  It was really sweet so I think the other bottles will be going down to the cornish cousins where it will be better appreciated.

One of the MP expenses fiddlers Eric Illsley was finally sentenced today.  I was disappointed to see that he only got 12 months.  He has a law degree so he knew that he was breaking the law not like some uneducated benefits cheat.  I hope he loses his pension as well but somehow I suspect that the MPs have made sure that none of their kind lose out on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment