Friday 18 March 2011

Friday 18 March

Amazing.  The whole class was there this morning.  Admittedly one was late, but she didn't go to the party last night and we haven't seen her all week until today, but the others were all there bright and cheerful and on time!  I told them how pleased I was and they complimented me on my dancing last night - oh, the sarcasm.  But I laughed, just to show them what a good sense of humour I have.  The thing is though, that they've all really changed in class.  We get through twice as much work now and they're a pleasure to teach - no more sulky nonsense and they seem to like each more as well.  That is probably the most important part.  Before I think they couldn't stand each other but for some reason have come to accept their little foibles and the class dynamics are now very good.

I got stopped by a man on my way home.  He had a phone and was talking on it and hung up.  He looked respectable but alarmed me by immediately saying 'I don't want to frighten you, but ..'  now there's a good way to frighten someone.   Anyway he went on to tell me that he'd lost his wallet, he wasn't homeless 'or anything' and would I give him £2.  I told him the truth and said that unless I'm going shopping I don't carry any money.  Actually that is true but he did look disgusted.  I wonder what the £2 was for?

At home we had some large flat mushrooms in the fridge that had been there for a while so I found a recipe for stuffed mushrooms using blue cheese.  One of Terence Conran's wives once said that life's too short to stuff a mushroom, but she was wrong - she should have used a microwave.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment