Saturday 12 March 2011

Saturday 12 March

Have been watching the awful news from Japan.  The people are having a really rough time but seem to be just getting on with what they have to do.  I've never been to Japan but the Japanese that I've met have been very polite, considerate and careful about not causing offence.  It's heartbreaking to see what some of them are going through now.

Had a lazy day.  Beautiful sunshine so a quick turn round our little garden.  It's time to prune the bay tree.  We've decided to take out one of the 3 main trunks rather than prune all around.  I hope lots of people want nice fresh organic bay leaves!  I think I can call them organic.  We certainly never give the tree anything.

Then an afternoon of Six Nations Rugby.  Italy 22 - 21 France.  Couldn't believe it - finally the Italians do it.  Was so happy.  Then Wales 19 - 13 Ireland.  My second and third favourite teams win and the matches were pretty exciting.  I do hope England do well tomorrow against Scotland.

1 comment: