Tuesday 1 March 2011

Tuesday 1 March

I received an email today entitled  'Dental Recall'.  I have all my own teeth so I felt slightly alarmed that part of my teeth were defective and being recalled.  Usually we hear about defective cars being recalled to the factory to have their brakes checked or recently cakes and biscuits being taken off the supermarket shelves because they contained salmonella eggs from Germany.    The email was actually sent by the reception manager at my usual dentist's so I read on: it said my 'oral health review is now due' so in other words, it was time for a checkup.  Why didn't they say that?  I think my grumpy old woman phase may have been in full flow, but the wording put me off making an appointment and  I'm left wondering whether to mention it to my dentist when I see him.

On a lighter note, yesterday I mentioned to my beloved Him Indoors that I wasn't able to access some online journals without paying for articles.  I gave him the name of one particular author and he very quickly found the whole body of work, including access to the journals that had barred me before.  Excellent!

The ice cream shop in Covent Garden has been selling human breast milk and calling it 'Baby Gaga' but now it's been removed by Westminster Council while they check that it's fit for human consumption.  Even the announcer on the news this evening seemed to find that amusing.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12615353





1 comment:

  1. I was in that ice cream shop not ten minutes after saying goodbye to Terry on Saturday.
    The girl selling the ice cream had a rather foxy uniform: too foxy for merely selling ice cream !

    ReplyDelete