Tuesday 22 March 2011

Monday 21 March

Jemima observed my intake talk today in the lecture room.  She's from the company that provides the online learning site that school signed up to in January.  Apparently student usage from our school is way higher than any other school and they want to know what we're doing to encourage our students.  I gave her feedback too particularly re the new log-in screen which you can only access once.  Depending on numbers, there are different rooms that we do the intake in.  Our computer room can only take up to 15 so when we're in there, each student can have their own computer and sign in, create their own user name and password.  But when there's more, the lecture room is used and I can only show them online via the IWB.  The difficulty is you can't access that first time log-in screen (unless we create a new fake student every week, but that would be time-consuming and I think our number crunchers would have a fit at statistics being skewed).  She promised to ask her 'people' if they could do something.  We'd also like teacher-only areas so that we can talk to each other, send staff meeting minutes, reports, etc.  I'd like to be able to use it at home on Safari too but that probably won't happen and I have to remember to use Firefox instead.

Students dribbled in throughout the morning.  There were 3 starts to the test because they came in at various times and then one guy didn't arrive until midday - 3 hours late - apparently he'd got on the wrong bus, didn't know where he was and it'd taken him that long to find out and get back to us.

More writing.  I lost a reference and spent ages looking for it.  My beloved helped too but it's not turned up yet.  Am annoyed with myself - why didn't I write it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment