Sunday 13 March 2011

Sunda 13 March

Yes, Chippy - you  owe me a shilling!  Just a little bet on Wales - Ireland yesterday.  That was a very good game unlike today's where England were abysmal and Scotland looked  as though they really did have a good chance, even though they've lost all 3 of their previous 6 Nations matches.  Some say that Ireland will be the favourites next week.  I'm not looking forward to it and I don't think I'll be betting on that one.

We cut down one of the 3 main trunks of the bay tree today.  I say 'we' but, of course, it was Him Indoors who actually wielded the saw, while I gave instructions...   I'm taking in a big bag of bay leaves to school tomorrow.  Not very many of my colleagues cook but they may want some.  Otherwise they're being put in the compost bin.

I've finally had feedback on my second essay outline and because it's taken so long, I've been given a 2 week extension.  We can only submit twice a year on 15 March and 15 September so it's pretty obvious to me that I'd better get on with it.  Instead of doing a dissertation I've decided to do the taught track which is 3 more essays.  They usually advise taking a year to do the three, but I've done the bulk of my reading so if I can write this one by the end of the month, that leaves 2 more to do by September and then I'm finished.  Wonder if I can do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment