Sunday 6 March 2011

Sunday 6 March

It was my brother's birthday today so I phoned him to wish a happy birthday.  He was having a great day - both their kids and partners were there and were spoiling him and he'd been out for a good meal.  That's good: all birthdays should be enjoyable.  Just because the clock is ticking doesn't mean that birthdays can be ignored.  It's a time to relax and let people make a fuss of you.

Chippy had spent the night visiting friends close to us so he popped in for a cup of tea and toasted hot cross bun.  Then Him Indoors finished off the chipping and I got back to the interminable essay.

We watched the last episode of 'Mad Dogs' which literally descended into madness.  They're all very good actors and I kept getting the feeling of 'Lord of the Flies', with the glasses being broken just like Piggy's and putting on warpaint.  But the ending was inconclusive with my beloved thinking one thing had happened and I thought they were all dead.  Who knows?  Maybe it was left like that so they could have a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment