Saturday 5 March 2011

Friday 4 March

The directors made their annual visit to school today and held a meeting with all staff.  They gave us a roundup of what was going on - new school in LA opening in April, our student numbers up 70%, full school and others in the group also doing well.  They opened the floor to questions: usual ones - we need more parking (parking here? wow, you should see LA!), how about a drop box so we can ask questions at any time (they liked that one), and I asked if they would be investing in more technology, ie more IWBs, computers for students.  Apparently a new IWB was put in this week and another next week, which is good to know as on Thursday afternoon the geography teacher, the maths teacher and I all wanted/needed the computer room.  As I'd actually booked it, I got it but when you have 3 teachers all wanting the same room, things could get a little hairy.  We get on fine, though so hopefully we won't fall out in the future.

The cafe had laid on a buffet lunch which was most acceptable.  Not the usual curly sandwiches from the previous owners, but smoked salmon, various tasty salads and fresh sandwiches on quality bread with desserts too of strawberries and cream.  I just had a double chocolate mini muffin.

Came home to find beloved Him Indoors cooking up a big chilli.  He'd made the beans from scratch and was cooking it long and slow in the oven.  Smelt (and tasted) excellent.

Just under a week to go before sending off the assignments.  I've still not received any response to my outline which I sent off 2 weeks ago, so haven't really got started on that one and have been moving text around on the first one.  I need to stop doing that and tie it down and send it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment