Tuesday 22 March 2011

Tuesday 22 March

Am trying to find out exactly what the government is going to do about student visas after their debate today in parliament.  If our lower level ones can't get visas to study in UK, it may close the school down.

I had a routine mammogram this morning.  My first appointment was a few weeks ago but it was a Thursday afternoon when I'm teaching so I changed it online.  The date of birth drop down menu rather cheerfully started at the year 1900, so after lots of scrolling forward got to my personal year (unusual for me these days for date of birth, they often start at about about 1980 and I have to scroll backwards).  When the date to book a new appointment also started at the year 1900, I got slightly irritated - what is going on with their programmers?  Then in the post on Saturday I got 2 letters from the Health Authority, one telling me off for not keeping the original appointment and the second one giving me an appointment for today.

Previous years my appointment's been at the Bromley site which is about a mile and a half outside Bromley centre, so needing 2 buses to get to as there's no parking, free or otherwise. This appointment was at the trailer in the Sainsbury car park with lots of free parking so much more convenient and also on a bus route.  While I waited, my beloved went and bought a few bits in the supermarket.

Then home to another 4.5 hours essaying.  Finally found the reference but annoyingly it didn't say what I thought it said!  Have had to change things slightly to be more precise.

No comments:

Post a Comment