Sunday 6 March 2011

Saturday 5 March

We've been planning to do some gardening for ages but it's been too cold to spend any time outside.  So today it was time to bite the bullet and tackle the plants growing up the back of the house.  We didn't do too much: just cut the virginia creeper down to the top of the door (it was up to the gutter) and the honeysuckle to the bottom of the window (a lot of it was dead and it had become very bulky).  Him Indoors then got out the chipper and cut it all up for the compost, finishing it up with a little bonfire to get rid of the final bits.   A good job done but we still need to do something with the trees.  We've only got a small garden so it's important that they get pruned.  The first one to do is the bay tree but we're still unsure of exactly which branches to chop out.  Need to check the internet.

I'm fascinated by where readers of this blog come from.  I can't believe that apart from the 4 I know have read it ('cos I've told them but haven't told many people so far), readers in USA, Canada, South Korea, Russia and Morocco have dipped in.  On another blog I found a 'clustr map' which will track hits on a map of the world but it hasn't updated itself yet.  It took a while to set up because I didn't follow the right steps at first: I wonder if I need to do anything else to get it working?

No comments:

Post a Comment